People Forums Articles Chat Blogs Videos Sounds Photos Search Help
  •  

Quote05.03.2011 05:440 people like thisLike

sing along?

~S~

think, it ain't illegal yet
Quote05.03.2011 08:200 people like thisLike

Oh *gag*

Heaven save us from fans with way too much time on their hands.

Gotta admit I love the fleet sequences, though.  Those are just wonderful.

~Lady of ASCII~
Quote06.03.2011 04:590 people like thisLike

I've been wondering what happened to ditching this forum and replacing it with the original CSB forum....

I thought that was the game plan....

" A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on"- Mark Twain
Quote06.03.2011 06:430 people like thisLike

These things take time, of course...       and there was a town meeting to discuss such such topics.Wink

Based on a true story
Quote06.03.2011 08:330 people like thisLike

128718636354102505.jpg

Quote06.03.2011 11:540 people like thisLike

These things take time, of course...       and there was a town meeting to discuss such such topics.Wink

Perhaps you would like to recap the town meeting outcomes for those amongst us who didn't get up at 6:00 am on a Sunday to attend.

This post took far too long to post
Quote06.03.2011 12:030 people like thisLike

Hen, I believe Sean did that over and Plan B, and from what he posted, I got the impression that replacing this clunky and glitchy forum with the much more intuitive and user friendly  "CSB Classic"  was definitely something that we should expect.

" A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on"- Mark Twain
Quote06.03.2011 13:290 people like thisLike

Yup, I don't recall a timetable set; neither a speedy or a slow one.        Gar does his best to put out all fires and crunch all code; all while running his busy life as well.          Patience and support are always appreciated.      Cool

Based on a true story
Quote06.03.2011 14:540 people like thisLike

Hen, I believe Sean did that over and Plan B, and from what he posted, I got the impression that replacing this clunky and glitchy forum with the much more intuitive and user friendly  "CSB Classic"  was definitely something that we should expect.

This is in fact the MAIN reason I seldom post here.

(That, a few other minor annoyances)

The original CSB is superior in each and every way to this clunker forum S/W.

If GAR can pull this off, look for more posters.

Quote09.03.2011 10:090 people like thisLike

I am goinig to make the switches this weekend and so Both CSB sites will be down while I make the switch.

They may be down for a couple of days depending on how smooth the transition and integration goes. Mixing different designs and stuff is always probamatic.

WebElf of the CSB - "No tendency is quite so strong in human nature as the desire to lay down rules
Quote09.03.2011 17:290 people like thisLike

Yikes!       WeZ gittin' our marching orders!     Will any threads be lost?         Time pack up our stuff ;

sack4w.jpg

OL'Kit Bag

Based on a true story
Quote10.03.2011 01:090 people like thisLike

I am goinig to make the switches this weekend and so Both CSB sites will be down while I make the switch.

Switch? 

Not that it matters, Gar, but switch what?

Quote10.03.2011 04:040 people like thisLike

switch?

huckleberry.jpg

~S~

Quote13.03.2011 08:290 people like thisLike

The plan, as I understand it, is to dump this clunky forum and integrate the original CSB into the new site. I hadn't even bothered to check this forum this weekend, because I thought that by now it would probably be gone.

I believe this means that all the threads started at re-boot will be gone, but man that really ain't no big loss.

Quote13.03.2011 11:140 people like thisLike

The plan, as I understand it, is to dump this clunky forum and integrate the original CSB into the new site. I hadn't even bothered to check this forum this weekend, because I thought that by now it would probably be gone.

I believe this means that all the threads started at re-boot will be gone, but man that really ain't no big loss.

I am in the process now of making the backups for both sites,  followed by integrating the .com forums in to the Reboot site, and then if at all possible merging the reboot topics into the .com forums. There are a great many technical obsticles to over come, namely the session ID and cookies, user names, and passwords.

WebElf of the CSB - "No tendency is quite so strong in human nature as the desire to lay down rules
Quote14.03.2011 02:030 people like thisLike

ASCII-uncle-sam1.gif

Ascii not what your chat room can do for you......

~S~

Quote16.03.2011 16:380 people like thisLike

Not going very smoothly.. I keep breaking the testing model and that is why you have not seen the changes taking place as of yet.

A live CSB EyeWitness news Update:

Somewhere in Southern California - Nearly a week ago efforts began to replace the current forum on CSB ReBoot with the CSB Forum from CSB MK5. Backups were made and work began when a magnatude 11 glitch first started appearing in the ReBoot Database. Early reports of an initial explosion of the ReBoot Database have been confirmed. The cause of this glitch is still as of yet unidentified, but local authorities believe it occured when the injection of strange and outdated MySQL strings were introduced into the core. This lead to a breach of data flooding the entire ReBoot Database requiring a general state of emergency be issued for all members in and about the vacinity.

It is now been determined that, Session ID and Cookies are over heating causing a build up of preasure in the main database. There has been a second explosion of the secondary database where the content of each post is housed. Table structures, and page formatting are spilling out in to the outside containment areas. The staff and administraion are dilligently working towards repairing the fractured connectors by feeding large quanties of grain alcohol into the first responders.

I suggest evacuating to a 120 mile radius though close all windows and stay inside.

Please stay tuned for more breaking news and developments.

?? sound familiar?

LoL

Ok .. what is really happening is that the two databases do not like each other at all. So I am having to do quite a bit of extra (unplanned for) work in order to make it happen. What infact may be the actual outcome is that CSB MK5 will be permanently archived in a read only state, and that a new forum will be added. That is really the worst case scenario at this point.

Quote16.03.2011 18:010 people like thisLike

perhaps a spokesman for public relations should be a staff consdieration Gar

this dude's probably looking for work>

bagdad_bob_large.gif

"Calm down people, not everyone gets the priveledge to post in babysh*t brown yanno"

~S~

Quote17.03.2011 01:350 people like thisLike

Well, at least we don't have to evacaute.

Quote17.03.2011 02:090 people like thisLike

Well, at least we don't have to evacaute.

I would take it as a personal favor if you didn't evacuate....

Quote17.03.2011 03:300 people like thisLike

let 'em eat cake Gar

nuclear-cake1.jpg

Quote17.03.2011 11:350 people like thisLike

I'll be doing more work on it this weekend.

For some odd reason the company that signs my pay check believes that I should spend time on their needs and requirements rather than my own.

Go Figure Undecided

Quote17.03.2011 18:460 people like thisLike

Cool man, we understand- life has a tendency to get in the way of other things Wink

Based on a true story
Quote18.03.2011 02:480 people like thisLike

I'll be doing more work on it this weekend.

For some odd reason the company that signs my pay check believes that I should spend time on their needs and requirements rather than my own.

Go Figure Undecided

well , we're all just flaking off here  Gar

no need to insinuate a sense of committment from any party , eh?

~S~

Quote18.03.2011 06:460 people like thisLike

Not going very smoothly.. I keep breaking the testing model and that is why you have not seen the changes taking place as of yet.

A live CSB EyeWitness news Update:

Somewhere in Southern California - Nearly a week ago efforts began to replace the current forum on CSB ReBoot with the CSB Forum from CSB MK5. Backups were made and work began when a magnatude 11 glitch first started appearing in the ReBoot Database. Early reports of an initial explosion of the ReBoot Database have been confirmed. The cause of this glitch is still as of yet unidentified, but local authorities believe it occured when the injection of strange and outdated MySQL strings were introduced into the core. This lead to a breach of data flooding the entire ReBoot Database requiring a general state of emergency be issued for all members in and about the vacinity.

It is now been determined that, Session ID and Cookies are over heating causing a build up of preasure in the main database. There has been a second explosion of the secondary database where the content of each post is housed. Table structures, and page formatting are spilling out in to the outside containment areas. The staff and administraion are dilligently working towards repairing the fractured connectors by feeding large quanties of grain alcohol into the first responders.

I suggest evacuating to a 120 mile radius though close all windows and stay inside.

Please stay tuned for more breaking news and developments.

?? sound familiar?

LoL

Ok .. what is really happening is that the two databases do not like each other at all. So I am having to do quite a bit of extra (unplanned for) work in order to make it happen. What infact may be the actual outcome is that CSB MK5 will be permanently archived in a read only state, and that a new forum will be added. That is really the worst case scenario at this point.

Well ... Just to really show how silly I feel, I got about half way through that before I realised it wasn't some high-falutin' technical discussion with geeky technical slang. Tongue out

Quote31.03.2011 05:280 people like thisLike

You dont remember us
But we remember you
It was not so long ago
Our chat was broke in two
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9MeAxEnw-3OGO2F3fAGW
Tears on my postings
Pain when i type
Caused by yooooouuuuooooo.....
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx8ePIIz5CdUKZOz1Mfnd
If we could start aknew
and you'd administrate
We'd glady have your back
And tempt the hand of fate
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXp8WQIz3Bz7FaAUbN54P
Tears on my postings
Pain when i type
Caused by yoooouuuooooo

You dont remember us
But we remember you
It was not so long ago
Tears on my postings
Pain when i type
If we could start aknew
and you'd administrate
Tears on my postings
Pain when i type
Caused by yoooouuuooooo

You dont remember us
But we remember you
It was not so long ago
Tears on my postings
Pain when i type
If we could start aknew
and you'd administrate
Tears on my postings
Pain when i type
Caused by yoooouuuooooo

Quote31.03.2011 10:340 people like thisLike

Well, thanks for bumping this up ~Steve, showing Gar has explained what he's currently working on.         We knew CSB would be going offline, since last year.

Based on a true story
Quote31.03.2011 14:290 people like thisLike

Steve says that all of the problems that he has are caused by someone else.

Why am I not surprised?

Copyright © 2014 The Cyber Soap Box.